Mango ice cream is ice cream flavoured with mangoes. It's also very popular in the Philippines like Cheese Ice cream.
- 2 to 2.25 cups heavy whipping cream or 25% to 35% low fat cream, 500 ml to 562 ml (I used amul 25% low fat cream)
- 200 grams mangoes or 2 large alphonso mangoes or 1 cup mango puree
- 1.5 tsp vanilla powder or ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ to ½ cup sugar or powdered jaggery or honey - add as required
- honey or any sweet syrup to top over the ice cream (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS#peel and chop the mangoes.
- blend the mangoes, vanilla extract and sugar to a smooth pulp.
- whip the cream till soft peaks are formed.
- then add the mango pulp. fold or mix well.
- check the sweetness and add more sugar if required.
- pour in a tray or container and place in the freezer. cover the container.
- when the ice cream is half frozen remove from the freezer.
- whip again for a minute.
- pour the ice cream contents again in the container with lid.
- freeze till set.
- scoop the mango ice cream and serve with honey, cakes or just plain.
NOTE instead of whipping the cream separately, you can also just whip the cream in a blender with the mango puree till soft peaks are formed.
sweetness can always be adjusted as per your requirements.